explain two ways the extract fits the genre of lifestyle magazines. use examples from the extract.
this magazine fits with the genre of a lifestyle magazine because on the front it says 'easy living'.
below the title there is a small amount of writing that makes you read on in the magazine.'easy elegant summer dressing' this makes women read on in the magazine because they want to have the perfect summer clothing.
this magazine also fits the genre of lifestyle magazines because the contents show that the whole magazine consist of lifestyle such as real life, fashion, beauty and emotional intelligence.
explain how each of the following is used in the extract to create effect:
the layout of the magazine is very simple but effective to catch someone's eye, the magazine cover consists of a large picture of kylie Minogue filling the majority of the front cover, also small amounts of text surround her face and top half of her body.
the colour scheme is very bright and stands out, i think that they have chosen to do this because the magazine is called easy living, using the word easy suggests that this magazine is quite relaxed and informal.
the language in this magazine also suggests that it is very informal words such as summer's here and sexy also appear in the front cover in large stand out writing.
Thursday, 24 April 2014
This magazine cover direct mode of address has been used on the picture where the land is looking directly into your eyes to show that this magazine is aimed at you. also direct address has been used in the text which has been enlarged, 'your PARTY dress code' this is also being directly aimed at you the reader.
In this image the whiting has the colour red which can be associated with women. Also the word RED has been highlighted so that it stands out on the page. The writing has been placed on the left hand side of the picture and the image is placed on theright hand side which balances it out.
In the text the more important words are enlarged or highlighted so that you know that this piece of text is important to read or it is a main story. The words that mean less are in white and are a lot smaller than the other highlighted words.
Thursday, 13 February 2014
in this magazine they have used the colour green because the colour green stands for acceptance, love harmony, communication and social these are all things to do with gaming.
in this magazine they have used the colour blue because the colour blue stands for calmness, kindness, emotional depth, inner peace and love this is what inspires you to follow the fashion
in this magazine they have used the colour pink because this colour means passion, stability, qualities, artistic and imagination it stands out on the page and looks energetic, this make it look appealing so that people will buy it.
Thursday, 23 January 2014
There are people dancing on strip poles, Rihanna is dancing on a chair in a bikini, they are also all in very revealing clothes. Rihanna is sat in a queens golden and red leathered throne. an avatar is dancing in water shaking her booty to make the water splash.
loads of the shots start zoomed out on Rihanna and slowly zoom in onto her face.
half way through the video the camera has three slit scenes showing two pole dancers either side of Rihanas shot of her dancing on her chair.
britney spears is singin on a driving motorbike.
Monday, 20 January 2014
Friday, 17 January 2014
- How many different font styles do you see on the front cover? 24
- How many different font sizes are used?26
- How many different font colours are used?3
- How many coverlines are there?5
- Describe the font used for the magazine title. The font for the magazine title are bold and large with a bright colour so that it stands out.
- How does the title communicate who the target audience are? Girly because it is pink and the colour pink is associated with women and girls.
- What’s the main coverline and how do you know?real women sizes 6-16 naked because it is just below the title.
- Explain how and why different colours are used on the cover. To make certain stories stand out such as the main coverline.
- If you could change something about the typography on this cover what would it be and why would change it? balance out each side with more writing and pictures because the left side is heavily unbalanced.